Importing Picture from Digital Camera and Processing in Fedora LinuxPosted: November 22, 2008
This Tutorial is explain the process of Importing Pictures from Digital Camera in Fedora Linux.
The list of Equipments and tools used in the process is given below
1. DELL P-4 2.8 GHz with 1GB RAM. Fedora 9.0.
2. Panasonic Digital Camera LUMIX MEGA O.I.S 6.0 Mega Pixels, 6X Optical zoom.
3. GIMP 2.4.7
Here are the steps
1. Attached the digital camera through USB interface & Switched it on
2. Fedora 9.0 Automatically Detects the Camera and displays a window on Screen
#3. After pressing the OK button it will start importing photos from digital Camera to show as thumbnails with “Open gThumb Image Viewer”
#4. Now We have option to select to Copy/store the Pictures on computer in a folder of our choice under specific Categories .i.e Holidays, Family and Birthday etc.
#5. Pressing OK button will start Downloading Pictures in folder we have selected.
#6. We can process image with GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) , free open Source software from GNU.
Here are some example of processed image with GIMP
The above image is processed with Waves effet with GIMP
From “Filter –> “Animation”—>Waves
Here is Waves tools is in effect
Screen shot of Filter—>Animation—>Waves tool
- More Effect:- Crop Cut/Paste & Noise Effect to Images
Of course we can do much more i.e. crop & copy effects in picture.
Above Picture is showing effect of “Simulation Glowing boundary of Neon Light”.
If can implemented with option .i.e. Filter—->Edge-Detect—->Neon
I hope My Blog post will helpful.